Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Christmas Spirit

O Come O Come Emmanuel
And ransom captive Israel...

I've been a Christian since I was eight. Yet, why is this the first Christmas that I feel convicted to dwell on His birth (and death) not on the gifts under the tree? I decided to sit down with my guitar tonight and play some Christmas songs and I was singing "O Come O Come Emmanuel" and I just felt this wave of awe--Jesus Christ came down to earth, the One True God came in flesh to us. He went through what we go through every day--and emerged as sinless. Jesus came as a dependent child--an infant. He felt hunger and pain. He needed his earthly parents just as we do ours. Did Jesus know when he was 2 or 3 that one day He would die on a cross? I guess as an omniopotent God that he did. And all of that...He did it for me. And you, of course, reader. He knew before we did all of the things we would do wrong, He took it all on to his shoulders for me and for you. He loves you despite all of things that you've done. He'll keep loving you, even when you turn your back on Him. He loves me, even though I so often forget to celebrate His birth the way I should.

2 comments:

Jessie Weaver said...

yo. you cannot start a blog and then only make like 3 posts. write!! i know people are visiting here to read it because my traffic feed says a bunch of people are coming to my site from here.

Jessie Weaver said...

i just tagged you on my blog. read it.